Its looking like that badminton may be back this season. We are already in phase one and hopefully the roadmap will run successfully and we can all get back to playing badminton.
Step 2 will begin no earlier than 12 April and will allow indoor facilities to reopen including gyms, leisure centres and community centre for use individually or with household groups. Indoor sporting activities for children will be able to take place. Outdoor hospitality will also be able to reopen at this step.
Step 3 will start from 17 May at the earliest, at which point organised adult indoor group sports and exercise classes will be able to resume.
Step 4 will take place no earlier than 21 June and will remove all legal limits on social contact with events taking place at capacity restrictions above those in Step 3.
Currently, England is still in a national lockdown. The full guidance outlining what you can and can't do is available on the government's website.
Keep your fingers crossed and stay safe
It has sadly come to the point where it is no longer possible to complete any league badminton this season. Therefore the 2020-21 Season has been abandoned by the committee.
Hopefully the current situation will change and we will be able to resume playing again in tile to start the 2021 -22 Season.
There will be an AGM at some point in the future so keep your eyes open for the email.
The SSBL Committee wants to bring to your attention the latest guidance issued by Badminton England:
The latest guidance concerns players and clubs located in areas designated as Tier 2 (high) and Tier 3 (very high) and, it seems, that club play in those designated areas will not be possible. There are areas of South Staffs that are currently designated as having a High level of COVID-19 incidents and it important that clubs and players in these areas read the guidance and accept the restrictions in place.
Hopefully, everything will get back to normal soon.
There is no real good news as once again indoor sport has been hit with a ban on more than six people playing at one time which throws competitive badminton out again.
There has been the odd club night played by some but the recent spike has again thrown another spanner in the works just when it looked like there may be a chance regular club nights.
All we can do is keep safe and see what happens.
Due to the current Covid-19 situation and the many issues it presents to playing competitive and social club badminton the SSBL will be suspended until mid January when a review of the situation will be held and a decision on how the SSBL can progress will be taken.
hopefully over the next few months venues will start to open up.